Scholarships are available to any senior high school student who is an existing member of the Credit Union of Richmond for at least 6 months, and actively using Credit Union services.
Award amounts $500-$2,500.
**Membership at Credit Union of Richmond is a requirement!
The scholarships for 2023 are available for college, technical or trade school.
The applicant must have the following:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 with no less than a 2.25 GPA in the academic areas; English, Science, Math and Social Studies in grades 9-11
- Demonstrates leadership skills and a strong interest in extracurricular activities and community service organizations
- Exhibits outstanding citizenship qualities which show loyalty, trustworthiness, integrity and a concern for the wellbeing of others
- Complete 2023 Ben Wilson Scholarship application
- A 400 to 500 essay describing the candidate's future and how the credit union philosophy of "people helping people" fits in the applicant's life
- An official transcript must accompany each application; otherwise, will not qualify for scholarship.
Scholarship winners will be contacted by July 31, 2023 via e-mail, phone or mail.
Please submit an application, transcript, and essay by June 30, 2023. *No applications will be accepted after this date. No exceptions.
Credit Union of Richmond
1601 Ownby Lane
Richmond, Virginia 23220-1318