Help your teen with every milestone
Start off small
Minimum balance required to open account
Open to teens ages
13 – 17
Features and Benefits
✓ Teaches youth about finances
✓ Teaches budgeting and planning ahead
✓ Open to ages 13 and up
✓ Staff at CUofR available to speak with your class for educational purposes
✓ $5.00 membership deposit is the only requirement
✓ Mobile app to manage money
✓ Teaches youth independence
✓ The youth may conduct transactions without an adult present
✓ Members ages 15 and up can open checking account
✓ Savings Account earns interest/dividends
CUofR Good Grades Program
Earn $1 for every “B” and $2 for every “A” on your end-of-nine weeks report card!
You work hard to get an education and Credit Union of Richmond wants to reward your efforts. Bring in your end-of-the nine weeks report card grades to our branch and show us your good grades. We will deposit your reward into your share savings account at Credit Union of Richmond.
Deadlines to redeem:
- Bring in your August – December report cards by January 31st the following year.
- Bring in your January – June report cards by July 31st of that year.
- Earn a maximum of $10.
- Grade must be an “A” or “B” on whatever the highest score is on the school’s grading scale (E, 3, ETC.).
- Electives do not count.
- Student must be a member of Credit Union of Richmond.
- Offer is available to students in grades K – 12.
Give your teen a reason to be on their phone
To download the mobile app, simply log into the app store on your phone and search for Credit Union of Richmond.
Currently, the following features are available:
- Teens and parents both have shared access. You can both stay up to date on account activity.
- Account history, balances, pending transactions and check images
- Apple Pay
- Remote deposit capture
- Touch ID and Android fingerprint authentication
- Instant balance and password reset
- Ability to send money to others
- And more!